During the summer is the most popular time to get an airbrush tan around Washington, however it can also be very tricky to keep your tan looking flawless! From our fabulous SeaFair activitis to trips to the Desert in the middle of summer, everyone wants their tan to look amazing the whole time.
How do you make sure your sunless tan lasts and doesn’t fade in the extreme heat?
Stay in the shade, read a book and relax! If you have to live your life…then hese are some tricks to help. Everyone’s skin is different and what works for others might not work for you. Keep trying!!!
Rule number 1 is to stay cool while your spray tan is processing. The origional solution takes a full 12 hours to develop, and showering or sweating before the full processing time can cause the tan to not process completely and it might end up fading faster.
- Avoid that Happy Hour in the sun sitting on a wicker chair, the lines on the chair can leave lines in the tan that will last after you shower
- Dont go and do all your gardening..not only will you sweat, but you will get dirty and want to rinse off before the tan has fully processed
- Dont go on the boat…even if you think that you wont get wet…you are in the water, there is a chance;)
Rule number 2 is that water and sweat naturally exfoliate your dead skin cells and since that is what the airbrush tan adhears to then your tan is likely to fade prematurely the more you are in the water.
Rule number 3…some people just need to get their tan more often. With our unlimited packages you can come in every four days or so if needed for a touch up. After a few times though it is a good idea to completely scrub off the tan residue and start with clean skin. (use our Tan Off Tan Glove for the best results)
Rule number 4 use a touch up product. We have fantastic products that are best used either at night or during the day that will help your tan last longer under heat and water and other summer activities.
- Infinity Sun Sunless Tanning Spray – Glow on the Go is used at night to add a little color and glow to the areas that fade first (hands, face, feet, and in the summer often under the breasts and underarms)
- Whish Tan Extending Lotion – Use this product during the day, there is no tint to it so it wont rub off and ruin your clothes, and it has SPF 15 so it will help you not burn if you are on the boat. (It is recommended that you continue to spray SPF 30+ on your face and body everyt 2 hours)
These simple tricks might help your tan last a little longer and look better in this summer weather. I hope that was helpful, if you have tips we would love to hear about them.