What is Airbrush Foundation and What Makes it So Fabulous?
The first questions I get at Flawless Beauty Bars when people learn about airbrush foundation is “Why is it so much better?”. This video and demonstration will show you what is different about it and why it is so amazing for special events like, Prom, Weddings, Class Reunions, and Red Carpet Parties.
Most people have become very familiar with Temptu because of the Airbrush Makeup system sold at Sephora this past year. It has since been taken out of Sephora because of a couple major flaws with the design, however you can still get freat results from a professional system either one time with a make-up artist or buying your own.
- You cant mix the foundations, they come in “Pods” so you can only spray a single color and most people are not the exact color of foundation that comes in the bottle, can, or in this case the “Pod”
- The “Pod is really expensive, like $50 per pod and from what I hear they only typically last a month or so.
- You cant use any other brand of foundation in the system so if your skin is not happy with Temptu brand foundation it wont work with anything else.
I love Temptu brand foundation and I have never had any negative feedback about it. I use it personally 2-3 times per week…but I can understand that some people might want more of a choice. I certainly want more of a color choice for my airbrush makeup so I would recommend the professional system if you are planning on getting one for home. It runs about $350 and the foundations are about $25 (they last over 6 months and you can get 2 different colors to mix and match when you are tan and fair).
Airbrush make-up generally lasts a really long time because it is a silicone based foundation and lays on the top of the skin and does not fall into the wrinkles or pores. Having said that…the biggest help to your makeup application is priming the face correctly. I mentioned this in one of my videos about how to get a natural look. Prepping and priming the skin will not only help your skin look better but it will help you foundation last longer.
Products we Love…
- Temptu Professional Airbrush System
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
- PoreFessional pore minimizing cream by Benefit
- Strobe Moisturizing Cream by MAC Cosmetics
- HD Powder by Makeup Forever
Lots more videos each week on our blog and website…some of them exclusively available to our VIP Clients. Make sure to sign up…plus you get some really great deals on tanning packages and products.